The 2019 Kia of Lake Charles CHENNAULT INTERNATIONAL AIRSHOW, presented by Phillips 66, will rule the skies May 10-12 at Chennault International Airport.
The Airshow features aircraft of all kinds filling the wild blue yonder with aerobatic stunts and rousing performances by the best aircraft demonstrators in the world.
The top acts include:
• F-16 VIPER. The Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team performs precision aerial maneuvers to demonstrate the unique capabilities of one of the Air Force’s premier multi-role fighters, the F-16 Fighting Falcon. The team also works with the Air Force Heritage flight, exhibiting the professional qualities the Air Force develops in the people who fly, maintain and support these aircraft.
• PHILLIPS 66 AEROSTARS. They’re one of most recognized precision aerobatic teams in the sky, dazzling audiences at airshows around the world for more than a decade. Flying at speeds of over 250 miles per hour just a few feet from one another, the four-ship performs breathtaking barrel rolls, graceful formation loops and dramatic opposing maneuvers. With a combined 80 years of professional flying experience, the Phillips 66 Aerostars have established themselves as true ambassadors of aviation and a source of inspiration for fans young and old.
• RED BULL AEROBATIC HELICOPTER. It’s like a license to loop! Red Bull jokes how its huge popular energy drink “gives you wings,” but its incredible Aerobatic Helicopter does just that, turning your view of aviation upside down—literally. New to the Airshow, this outstanding performance of rolls and loops will defy your eyes—and, it would seem, the laws of gravity.
• RED BULL JUMP TEAM. Look, up in the sky! Daredevil aerial acrobats will hurtle toward Chennault’s world-class runway with a world-class demonstration in the skies. Feel the rush as they push the envelope and juice your adrenaline with a soaring demo that incorporates skill, smoke and sportsmanship.
• RED BULL AEROBATIC PILOT KIRBY CHAMBLISS. Kirby is one of the premier aerobatic pilots in the world. He’s known worldwide for his aggressive flying style and competitive spirit. Kirby is a five-time United States National Aerobatic Champion and two-time Red Bull Air Race World Champion — and has accumulated 13 medals in world competition. This aerobatic master continues to be at the forefront of his sport, with exciting, innovative performances.
• KEVIN COLEMAN. Kevin has already made a name for himself in the air show business. Kevin, who is one of the youngest airshow stars in the world, is a second-generation pilot and second-generation airshow performer. His Extra 300SHP allows him to think outside of the box and execute innovative maneuvers.
ABOUT THE AIRSHOW
The Chennault International Airshow has been held every other year since its revival in 2013. It is the latest, largest and most successful version of a local tradition that was launched by the Young Men Business Club four decades ago.
The Airshow offers roaring aircraft, thrilling air stunts and an array of aircraft of all vintages parked proudly along the runway for a closer look by the public.
Air demonstrations and ground displays of aircraft and exhibits help to salute Southwest Louisiana’s military heritage and Chennault’s own rich aviation history. They also are intended to promote interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education in Southwest Louisiana schools.
The Airshow is governed by an unpaid board of directors comprised of civic and business leaders, aviation enthusiasts and veterans.
Kia of Lake Charles returns as the Title Sponsor. Phillips 66 is the new Presenting Sponsor.
The Airshow is a not-for-profit, 501(c)3 effort, with proceeds used to support STEM (science, technology, art, science) education among local students and schools.