About the Airshow
Experience world-class aircraft and high-flying thrills at the 2023 Kia of Lake Charles Chennault International Airshow as it celebrates its 10th anniversary.
The event takes flight May 19-21 at Chennault International Airport. (Friday, May 19, is a twilight show with highlights of the full May 20-21 shows.)
The show will feature the world-famous U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds jet demonstration team. The Thunderbirds perform for people all around the world to display the pride, precision and professionalism the U.S. Air Force represents. Through air shows and flyovers, they aim to excite and inspire. In addition to showcasing the elite skills all pilots must possess, the Thunderbirds demonstrate the incredible capabilities of the Air Force’s premier multi-role fighter jet, the F-16 Fighting Falcon.
The Airshow will also feature the U.S. Army Golden Knights parachute team; nostalgic flights and aerobatic thrills from aircraft of all types, sizes and eras; first-time Chennault performers; and food trucks.
Proceeds from the Airshow support science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education in Southwest Louisiana schools. The funds go straight to programs, outreach at the classroom level, grants, college scholarships, and visits by aviation professionals to local schools.
Tips for attendees
- Lake Charles weather is typically hot and humid. Comfortable shoes and clothing, as well as sunscreen, sunglasses and head cover, are recommended as there are no indoor facilities.
- Traffic entering Chennault International Airport for the Airshow is very heavy and long delays may occur. Plan accordingly. Make sure you take a restroom break before heading out!
- Ear protection is recommended, especially for children. The Chennault International Airshow’s aerial and pyrotechnical performances variously produce loud noises, smoke and flame.
- Food truck vendors will be set up throughout the grounds. You may also bring food and drinks (no glass containers!) in ice chests.
- Pets are not allowed. Service animals are permitted, but please note the show includes loud noises.
- No airborne drones, skateboards, bicycles, or rollerblades.
- Bag up all your trash when you leave — and take it with you.