The 2019 Chennault International Airshow will be held on May 10–12 at Chennault International Airport in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Bring the whole family as a flock of fantastic flying machines fill the wild blue yonder with eye-popping, jaw-dropping feats of aerial artistry.
Friday Twilight Show: Enjoy our first slate of performances and exhibits Friday, May 10. Gates will open at 5 p.m. with opening ceremonies at 6:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: Gates will open Saturday, May 11, and Sunday, May 12 at 9 a.m., with opening ceremonies at 11:30 a.m.
Kids 12 and under get in FREE! Purchase tickets online ahead of the show.
Any and all scheduled times, performances, demonstrations and flyovers are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
HELPFUL AIRSHOW TIPS
A few reminders and suggestions …
- Though set for the spring, Lake Charles weather typically is hot and humid. Comfortable shoes and clothing, as well as sunscreen, sunglasses and head cover, are recommended as there are no indoor facilities.
- The Chennault International Airshow aerial and pyrotechnical performances produce loud noises, smoke and fire. Ear protection is recommended, especially for children.
- Traffic leaving Chennault Airport after the Airshow is very heavy and long delays may occur. Plan accordingly. Please take your time leaving the Airshow and visit some of the displays and vendors on your way out. And make sure you take that last restroom break before you sit in traffic!
- Food and drink vendors will be set up throughout the grounds. Attendees may bring lawn chairs onto the grounds; however coolers, glass bottles and alcoholic beverages may NOT be brought in. Airshow souvenirs will also be available.
- Pets are not allowed on the grounds and please don’t leave them in the parking area! Service animals including seeing eye dogs are permitted, but please note the show includes loud noises.
- No airborne drones, skateboards, bicycles, or rollerblades, please.
Due to security restrictions, coolers, large tote bags, and large purses are not allowed at the Airshow. No knives, guns, weapons, or drugs. All persons, vehicles and items are subject to search at the entrances by security personnel. You may still bring your folding chairs and small hand carried items such as cameras and binoculars, subject to search. No tents, canopies or cooking equipment. All camera bags and baby diaper bags are subject to being searched.
FLYING TO THE AIRSHOW
Chennault International Airshow welcomes General Aviation! Gates are open Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. WAIVER IS IN EFFECT from 0930-1700L daily.
All aircraft need to arrive and be parked as early as possible each day, but not later than 0915L. All pilots are advised to check NOTAMS and TFR information. GA aircraft will not be able to depart until after 1700L. Please advise tower that you need General Aviation parking. If you require any additional services, please notify Million Air Lake Charles—via UNICOM on 122.95 or by telephoning 337-436-4877.
Pilots are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance online and bring printout of ticket.