2015 VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES
1. A Volunteer Sign Up Form with volunteer name, address, phone number and emergency contact must be completed by every volunteer. A roster listing all volunteers with this information must be presented to the Insurance Company by Thursday of Airshow weekend. A volunteer will not be covered under the Airshow insurance plan if not listed on the final roster.
2. Age limit:
• During Airshow Event Hours: 14 years of age or older; certain areas require volunteers to be 16 years or older. See Volunteer Job Descriptions for details.
• Pre-event set up or post-event tear down/clean up: 14 years or older. Ages 14-17 must be supervised by an adult leader at all times.
3. Only approved volunteers are given wristbands of any kind.
4. Volunteers must work full shifts on assigned day during Air Show weekend to receive full benefits. Shifts are 4-10:30 pm Friday; 8-6:30 pm Saturday and Sunday. Other types of schedules must be approved by Air Show.
5. Air Show will reserve 10 food booths for Non Profit Groups (see #10 below). If revenue projections are met, the Air Show will offer 10% gross sales of booth sales. All guidelines apply to non-profit groups.
6. It will be the responsibility of the assigned Leader to ensure their volunteers receive proper training in area they are assigned.
7. Air Show will hold two mandatory volunteer training sessions.
8. Air Show Volunteer Training will be at least two weeks prior to Air Show weekend. 2015 Training dates will be provided in volunteer packet.
9. No volunteer under the age of 18 years may operate any type of equipment rented/leased by Air Show. All volunteers driving equipment must show a valid driver’s license and attend airport driver’s training PRIOR to being assigned.
10. Benefits provided to volunteers:
Regular volunteers – 8 hour shifts
• Wristband – day worked • Parking Pass for volunteer lot • Volunteer t-shirt • Continental breakfast • One meal (lunch or dinner) • Unlimited water • Soft drinks as available
VIP Parking Lot volunteers – 10 hour shifts • Wristband – day worked • Volunteer t-shirt • Continental breakfast • One meal (lunch or dinner) • Unlimited water • Soft drinks as available
*Non Profit Group volunteers – 8 hour shifts • Wristband – day worked • Parking pass for volunteer lot • Continental breakfast • Unlimited food • Unlimited water *No t-shirt provided to non-profit groups who receive a donation
Non profit volunteers – under 8 hr shifts • Wristband – Sat or Sun of weekend • Parking pass for volunteer lot • Beverages during shift No meal or Souvenir T-shirt to non-profit groups under an 8 hr. shift
Regular volunteers – under 8 hr shifts • Wristband • Parking Pass – Sat or Sun of weekend • Beverages during shift • Volunteer T-shirt No meal if volunteering under an 8 hr. shift